Saturday, December 20, 2008

Miscarrying a 14 yo!

We have decided after FINALLY reviewing the case file on this child that he is WAY too much for our family to handle. Acute mental hospitalization 1- 2 times a year for suicide and murder threats, running away, stealing, lying, irate behaviors... could deal with maybe one or two of his issues, but...

Now, what to do? We have an acquaintance who fosters through a private agency that I have spoken with, and I was very impressed by the fact that they actually answered the phone, were able to answer my questions, etc... We are considering switching agencies.

I guess we will think about it over the next few days and take some time off to meet with them after Christmas.

I hope you all have a great holiday with your little ones! Avery will have lots of cousins around to entertain him. Poor little guy, wants a brother sooooooo bad... that's he's even willing to take a stinky sister, as long as she is accompanied by a brother!

1 comment:

Leah Wentzel said...

hi, my name is Leah and I stumbled upon your blog some where along the line. I just wanted to encourage you to look into the agency your friend has mentioned to you-my husband and I have been working on becoming adoptive foster parents thru a smaller agency and we love it so far.
we also have one son, 6 years old, that is so ready for a brother (or stinky sister) too! we have never tried to get preg. since our first and once we were ready to expand our family God laid adoption on our hearts!

if you want to check out my blog, it is benleahkobewentzel.blogspot.com

Merry CHRISTmas!